Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Baked ham & asparagus pastry rolls


I was cleaning up my blog photo folder last night when I came across some older dishes I've cooked these last couple of months which I completely forgot about. One such dish was some lovely fresh asparagus I had recently purchased and wrapped with a bit of ham and mustard in puff pastry and sprinkled with parmesan cheese.


It was very simple but made a lovely light lunch. You could serve with salad or make a bit smaller with half an asparagus spear and serve as a canape.


Baked Ham & Asparagus Pastry Rolls

  • puff pastry sheets
  • sliced ham
  • fresh asparagus, hard bit of stem removed
  • parmesan cheese, grated
  • whole egg mayonnaise
  • dijon mustard
  1. Heat oven to 180 deg C.
  2. Slice a square piece of ready made puff pastry into four.
  3. Mix mayonnaise and mustard together (use half mustard to mayonnaise, depending on the number of pastries you're making) and add a teaspoon full to the centre of the pastry.
  4. Add a small piece of sliced ham and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
  5. Place 1 or 2 asparagus spears on top and fold up pastry.
  6. Sprinkle top with more parmesan cheese and bake until golden (approx 15-20 minutes).

8 comments:

  1. Anne, I'm not the biggest fan of ham. How do you think turkey would work in this recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recipe, Anne! And I love your pictures. My SIL just realized her asparagus came early this year do to our nice spring and she missed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks delish Anne. I love asparagus!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Anne, these look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anne this is such a simple and elegant dish thank you for sharing it on foodie friday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look beautiful and I'll bet they taste delicious too! I like how simple they are to prepare. Thank you for sharing this dish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty Anne! What a beautiful dish! Thanks so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for linking this to last weeks Foodie Friday! We love asparagus here, and I'm always trying to find new ways to cook it up.
    I wanted to let you know I've featured you on this weeks Foodie Friday! http://homemaidsimple.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading what you have to say and love replying via email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...