Thursday, June 14, 2012

Thriving on Thursdays - Linky Party # 23

Domesblissity

 
Here it is again, Thursday that is, and I wish I could say I was feeling a little more enthusiastic and cheerful. What started off as a chipped tooth, turned into a throbbing toothache over the Queen's Birthday long weekend just gone. I managed to get in to see a dentist yesterday morning and made the quick decision to extract the tooth rather than have a root canal. It's been a long time since I've been to the dentist and I was reminded why. It's such a fearful place. You'd think at my age I wouldnt' be afraid of such things but it happened so quickly and I felt the blood drain out of my body as she told me what would happen. At the end of it all, it wasn't that bad (as I slowly walked back to my car dribbling out the side of my mouth!) Feeling a lot better today and a good lesson to be learnt to look after your teeth. So, onto the party and here's the most hit links, not food related, from last week's party.



Did you ever think you could use el cheapo, dollar store stain removing toothpaste to polish silver? Well thanks to Ocean Breeze, you can. What a fantastic idea. I've got heaps of silver to polish so I'm going to try this. Thanks so much for linking up this week K.


Early Children Education


How much money do you spend buying toys for your kids? Heaps like me? I'm a sucker for buying my kids the latest fad (as much as I can afford) but I totally agree with Janine's post on the top 3 organic toys for kids. Dirt, water and sticks have given my children so much pleasure and enjoyment. Thanks so much Janine for such insightful posts each week. This has been a timely reminder, especially since those mid year toy sales are just around the corner!



Stephanie from LoveOlympiaJune shared her updated Entryway Table, which cost her the massive sum of $9! Don't you just love it? I've got a similar old desk at my front door and I'm just looking and looking for that elusive roll top desk but might change after I've seen this. Thanks Stephanie for linking up. You've given me a lot of inspiration.


Anita (from Aunt Nubby's Kitchen), how do I love thee? Let me count the ways... I just can't wait to get my wrapping paper organised. Oh, you're a lifesaver Anita. See your before shot? Well my wrapping paper stash is about 1,000 times worse and has been neglected for so long. I just love this. I love how you've put those cut toilet rolls around the wrapping paper rolls too. Such a fantastic idea. Thanks so much for linking up Anita!


Domesblissity

So there you have it. If you haven't already, grab a 'featured' button if you like. I can't wait to see what everyone's been up to this week. It's Father's Day soon in the States and UK so look out for some great ideas coming through to put away for our Father's Day here in Australia in the first week of September.


12 comments:

  1. Anne, I hope your feeling better. Great features! Thanks for hosting!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting Anne! Hope you have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no!! Nothing worse than a tooth ache! I am so sorry Anne! hang in there...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you poor thing! I certainly understand your fear! I have an appointment to get a tooth extracted next month and I'm already worrying over it. I hope you recover quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have dentist anxiety too! I get queasy just thinking about it. I'm glad it wasn't so bad this time. Thank you so much for featuring me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you poor thing. I hvae only ever had one really bad toothache and yup it required root canal. I dont think you ever grow out of your fear of the dentist. I certainly havent. Off to check out some of the fabulous links. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Anne, so sorry about your tooth. My mom just lost one last week too. The last time I went to the dentist she had a new technique to try on my bad gums.. she irrigated.. you know like what you do to crops. I thought I was going to die my the nerves in my mouth were screaming. Feel better try my pudding it's soft.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I so feel for you, Anne. Hope you feel better already.
    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for hosting and I don't EVEN talk about going to the dentist. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anne, I always LOVE your Thriving on Thursday party....thanks for hosting each week! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank so much for hosting! This week, I shared my Fennel Tacos in Homemade Quinoa Shells! They're Gluten Free, Vegan, and Body Ecology Diet Friendly! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading what you have to say and love replying via email.